Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meticulous Work

I was covered in dirt, covered. A dirt tan if you will. In my nose, in my ears, in my eyes, and in my mouth too. Bleh. Good thing the shower at least dribbled, other wise, my computer would have dirt in it.

Now that that’s over with. What a great day! I’m super tired but today Geoffrey thought me and Shannon did a wonderful job, exposing a layer of rocks through clay and roots and stuff. Picture perfect. Using pick axes and trowels and little tiny brooms we dug through the dirt carefully picking out bits of pottery and a few bone pieces. Vicky and Rebecca found a new Pythos burial in the trench that was built yesterday! This was right next to were Shannon and I were clearing that other layer of dirt and rock. Hopefully by next week me, Shannon and Simon will be able to start digging in Trench 5. I also got to watch/help Geoffrey do a little diagram of the clay deposit that was uncovered above the layer we dug to, by Cassandra and Vicky. At 5:30pm today we have Greek class and...I’m not sure what we are learning, Stella is very vague. We had homework though, changing the lowercase words to all uppercase and vice versa. It was very thrilling. -.-

Now to drink some tea! Mmmm MMmmm Good!

P.S. *wispers* The goats are coming.... Between 8:30-9:30am. Everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment