Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Instalment


So here I am, sitting on my new Greek flag towel, my foldable beach mat and on the coast of the pebbly Ionian sea. I have no idea what time it is here or at home, which I’m thinking doesn’t matter so much right now. Unfortunately, that’s not entirely true. This was my intention (and I did beach lounge yesterday) I was just too lazy to bring my labtop to the beach today so really I’m on Shannon’s balcony overlooking the harbor.


It’s been a crazy week so far with mass confusion and more laughs this week than I’ve had than in any other period of time in my life. So i guess it’s a good time to recap! *ripply memory effect*


I did manage to have a relatively good sleep the night before I left, not sure if it was because of the Miki of Grey Goose me and Brandon drank (which honestly we were “supposed” to have one shot each per orange juice & vodka/lime and water and vodka but Brandon completely gave me more I just didn’t tell him because I knew he was proud of himself for trying to get me more drunk. Not sure if thats good or bad.) Irregardless, I slept surprisingly well. The day I left I don’t think I’ve ever been more panicked, running around the house because I was completely not ready to go, and I’m sure I was making Brandon feel terrible because of it. But, oh well I got it done and only forgot one adaptor plug (stupid grounder thingy!!).


I didn’t cry at the airport which was nice, but I sure as hell felt like it.

The trip there was an ORDEAL, you have no idea. YVR was fanatic as usual met everyone (Shannon, Amanda, Lessa, Simon, Neil and moi) safe and sound at Gate 64. Flight was good we did leave 20 mins late because some boozes decided to not go on the flight after all their luggage had been checked *shakes fist* . But, because of these boozes we were late to Heathrow, and with only an hour connection anyway, which is never a good thing. So after talking and fussing, and poking and prodding at the airline they finally decided...not to hold the plane for us. Uhhhgg. So they booked us on another airline, Olympic, for a 4:35pm causing us to wait for 5 hours. Horrible right? It gets better. So we went from Terminal 5 to Terminal 2 without a hitch to wait for our flight, but upon arriving at said Terminal the man who was supposed to give us our boarding passes informed us that we might not get our luggage on the Olympic flight because of some mixup between the numbers on the baggage from BA and those of Olympic. So back to Terminal 5 we went (which is about a 15 min trek through security and bus) to talk to BA about this mixup. Apparently though all the baggage numbers are interchangeable and the man “who has been working for the company for 17 years” didn’t know this. Again back to Terminal 5, including security, and getting rid of water, but this time with a hitch (Oh by the way we’d been at the airport for like 2 hours now during this ordeal). Shannon had gone through security the first time with all her medical supplies including contact lense solution just fine, the second time however the security was adamant about not letting it though which is silly just because they let it go the first time. Whatever we were pissed of enough at this point that, this was completely outrageous. Finally with about an hour or so before we had to board we ate food with our 10 pound vouchers that we demanded from British Air and flew off to Athens. I’m not even going to talk about the food on the flight, lets just say I like hot dogs and I like chicken, but I do not like it when chicken tastes like hotdogs and leave it at that.


On our first day in Athens we visited the Acropolis (of course) which was fantastic, and not deathly hot which was also fantastic. Then we headed to the Plaka for lunch where I had some nummy nummy strawberry sherbet and some chicken souvalaki in a pita which was really really good eats (tribute to Altdon Brown I <3>


And now, since I forgot my three prong plug, my battery is dying so I have to steal Amanda’ss so I can charge my labtop! More soon hopefully, I’ll catch up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment